All trustees, governors and professionals working for the Trust will accept and embrace their professional responsibility to care for every child and young person within the Partnership. They will be open to change, treating all within the wider SAST community with dignity and respect at all times. They will follow the seven principles of public life (the Nolan principles):
- Selflessness – Holders of public office should act solely in terms of the public interest.
- Integrity – Holders of public office must avoid placing themselves under any obligation to people or organisations that might try inappropriately to influence them in their work. They should not act or take decisions in order to gain financial or other material benefits for themselves, their family, or their friends. They must declare and resolve any interests and relationships.
- Objectivity – Holders of public office must act and take decisions impartially, fairly and on merit, using the best evidence and without discrimination or bias.
- Accountability – Holders of public office are accountable to the public for their decisions and actions and must submit themselves to the scrutiny necessary to ensure this.
- Openness – Holders of public office should act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner. Information should not be withheld from the public unless there are clear and lawful reasons for so doing.
- Honesty – Holders of public office should be truthful.
- Leadership – Holders of public office should exhibit these principles in their own behaviour. They should actively promote and robustly support the principles and be willing to challenge poor behaviour wherever it occurs.
There are 6 members and 12 trustees who will provide committed governance to support and develop the excellent education already enjoyed by all our students, whilst preserving each school’s unique qualities and strengths.
Trustees and Members were appointed from the local community to ensure a wide range of skills and expertise including strategic leadership, business management, finance, law or educational improvement.